The iM980A-L is a compact and low-cost radio module that operates in the unlicensed 915 MHz band and combines a powerful Cortex-M3 controller with the new LoRaWAN® transceiver SX1272 of Semtech Corporation. A sensitivity of down to -137.5 dBm and a maximum output power of +17.5 dBm results in a link budget of more than 155 dB.
The iM980A-L can be ordered with a pre-programmed embedded protocol stack (iM880B-L_LoRaWAN): It enables Low Power Wide Area Networks (LPWANs) for Internet-of-Things (IoT) and Machine-to Machine (M2M) applications and supports Activation By Personalization (ABP) or Over The Air (OTA) activation. It comes with the WiMOD LoRaWAN® HCI interface and allows easy configuration.
Key features highlights
- Compact module 20.0 x 25.0 x 3.3 mm
- LoRaWAN® modulation technology
- Sensitivity down to -138 dBm
- UART, SPI and I²C interface
- Digital inputs and outputs
- Analog inputs
- Supply voltage range from 2.4 to 3.6 V
- RF interface optimized to 50 Ω
- Integrated 20 dBm Power Amplifier
- High link budget up to 155 dB
- Range up to 15000m (Line of Sight)
- Certified according to FCC ID: Q9B409810