- This event has passed.
Getting to grips with smart grid communications
March 11 @ 15:00 - 16:00 UTC-6
The smart grid – an electric network capable of two way electricity and data flows that can detect and react to changes in the network, that has self-healing capabilities and allows electricity customers to actively participate in the system.
Essentially the two-way flow of information is enabled with communications – and this is where things become challenging. This is a complex collection of components which enables the flow the information along the grid – yet there isn’t a ‘one size fits all’ solution when it comes to picking the communication technology best suited to your particular environment.
Join us as we answer the following questions:
- What communication technology is the best for your utility’s needs?
- What about privacy and security of the information you are transmitting?
- What are the pros and cons of the various technologies out there?
- What standards and communication protocols do you need to know about?
- What type of communication works best in noisy environments? Or rural settings?
- How important is interoperability and how hard is it to achieve?
Miguel A. Sanchez Fornié, Secretary General | PRIME Alliance
Phil Beecher, the CEO of Wi-SUN Alliance
Rémi Demerlé, LoRa Alliance Utilities Development Director, and LoRaWAN Ambassador, Semtech